The previous time we had to edit for this commercial went horribly wrong. So I took it upon myself to edit myself. I didn't want to waste time relying on computers that wouldn't work. Nor did I want to use the editing software that was given to us. It was slow, buggy and I just wasn't familiar with it. Pinnacle Studios sucks. So what to do now? I made the decision to not use what was given to everybody. With this decision, I think it was very beneficial. There are too many variables to using the computers at schools and I didn't want to be subjugated to that. Most importantly the work environment. I wouldn't be able to focus at all. My friends would be distracting. The classroom might be too loud and the list goes on. Knowing myself I just decided the best option would be to take responsibility and edit myself. I honestly didn't think any of my groupmates would do it, so I had no other choice. When it came to editing it was actually extremely easy.
I'm familiar with editing so I know the basics of it. I put in the previous snippet that I worked on a few weeks before and continued from there. I didn't think we would have enough footage to reach 30 seconds but I was completely wrong. It was extremely easy and I'm proud of the final product. Thought the commercial I kept an uplifting song and I really liked the song choice. I used a lot of blur transitions to emphasize the movements. As we were doing a Nike commercial I wanted the audience to really understand the speed that comes with wearing Nike. I think I did a good job doing this and it turned out great. My favorite part was the running sections. I used 3 different running shots and used the blur transitions and never let the audience fully see what was going on in the scene. That really emphasized the speed of the actor (me). I really enjoyed editing and it doesn't really bother me that my groupmates didn't do anything. It really let me be creative without someone telling me it's bad. It was reassuring knowing if they didn't like my editing they would have to sit down and edit a whole new commercial on their own.
Thursday, November 7, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Audience and Institutions Essay
Marketing is extremely important in the film processes. Marketing is the way that audiences of the films are aware of the films. Different p...
-
Hello my name is Aridsondez a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High school. I’m currently apart of the Pre-law and Aice program and I love it. ...
-
The filming process was a hectic process and it was very stressful. I came into the classroom with all intention to film but that was not th...
-
This script had to match the shooting script. Though this was easier in a way it was hard to find the right songs. The song had to be royalt...
No comments:
Post a Comment