Thursday, March 19, 2020

Last time Editing (Video, Fx, Color)

Now that I finished with the fixing up of certain aspects of the movie, I have to edit the video it self. That means putting the clips in the correct order and in the correct way. That was kind of difficult because the video was way over the time. Now with this in mind I had to cut some clips shorts and change the whole movie it self. There were complete plot points that I took out because it was just too long. This was unfortunate but I did what I had to do to make this a good movie. There was no difficult edits I had to do for the videos itself, I just had to cut it short. When it came to the visual effects of the movie that was tasking. Of course this would be hard and time consuming but I did my best. The first VFX that I had to do was the eyes and face of the catcher. I had to use the tracking tool to do so. After I pulled up the tracking tool, I made sure I tracked the yes and the mouth of the catcher. Once I did that and got the tracking information I saved it. I did some drawing on the catchers face and applied the tracking data to it so it would follow him if he made any movements. After that there was many different edits I did with the transitions and cuts. That was relatively easy and didn’t take me that long. When it came to the color of the movie I kept it relatively the same throughout. But I had to make it kind of stylistic in a way. The stylistic choice was to make it that anytime the catcher was in frame and had malice intent the color would invert. That’s what I chose and I think it worked out well as the inverted color made it seem spooky. The way I did that was I cut the clips into different sections. I did this so I could apply the inverted color to only a section of it. If I did t do this basically the whole clip would of been inverted. Once that was done and the inverted color was applied to everything I felt happy with the results and didn’t bother to change it. This is a picture of the catcher who has the tracked face drawings and the inverted color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institutions Essay

Marketing is extremely important in the film processes. Marketing is the way that audiences of the films are aware of the films. Different p...